Thursday, September 25, 2008

The sun is shining today + no Internet until next week...

Just a quick note to say that the sun is shining today, first time since we have been here. Court is at 4PM, should be a non-event today. We will be going dark until next week on the Internet as I could not get time on Friday and the lab is closed on the weekend to allow the modem to cool down from all the words and pictures that have been uploaded. (just kidding, there is no high school on the weekend!).

We will honker down for the next ten days...trying not to go nuts around here. I am happy that the other families that have been have not had to be in such a small town, however it has been a positive experience!

2 comments:

Joe, Wendy, Graham, Elizabeth and Kolya said...

I think the instrument in your picture is called a bandura which is unique to Ukraine (at least that's what the internet told me).

This message was posted by Joe who is geeky enough to research it on the web and empathizes with John because he also used a memory stick to transfer our blog from the laptop to an internet cafe computer.

CavinessAdoption said...

I agree with Joe on the Bandura.

I researched as well and saw a very similiar instrument in size and shape at Wikipedia.com. They say it is Ukrainian specific.

I definately am NOT geeky (lol)but very interested in music and musical instruments, so you peeked my curiosity! Thanks for the education.

Have a great weekend.

Jay and Lisa